Friday, December 12

I like vegetables a lot. In fact, some of my best friends are vegetables. Some of them used to know me but most have never known me, but I still love them.

How do you express a love of humanity when you have no religion and don't believe you possess a soul or are going to "go" anywhere when you die?

For me, it's simple. It feels so much more poignant to love something while believing in your heart there is NOTHING - no reward, no pat on the back, no new life, no bonus level, not even memories - than it is to follow a carrot of some sort, any carrot, even if you're the well-meaning person on the corner who hands out those beautiful smiles.

I can't define poignant, but down on the corner, people smile a lot because for them frowns just won't do. Of course I'm very nice every time. I like smiling.

I can smell sharp air and broken grass through the window.

And here entombed in my apartment, I am cold and wear a blank expression and do not walk about in a Santa suit shaking hands or campaigning in the inner cities for change or watch any of the cycles turning. But I have so much love to give.

I have so much love to give, so I give it to the world, and all the people, animals, plants and bacteria and viruses, and the unbelievably minute matter and energy that composes it all, and beyond that, to the Universal. I could never dream to ask anything in return.

Because there's no "Answer," is there?

Not even anyone to reply.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane