Monday, December 22

Iatrogenesis.

I woke up today
out of a fog.

How long have I been gone?

I don't understand anything anymore.

I wish I was a
better father
a better husband
a better son.

Time skips whole years entirely
I see names and faces
fade away
and come back again,

Now the holidays have
come back again but
I'm tired of running after
rainbows.

The days are all so trying
but my trying days
are done.

Time to go to sleep.




Hibernation.

Don't come near me.
Don't
hear me anymore

For,
I am the seed of ill content
and the seat

Of too many dis-'eases'
to mention
though I mention one:

A dyskinisic
post-intellectual
disinhibition.

Don't
poke at bears when they are
sleeping, don't

Stare at people
with scorn
when they are weeping.

I'm crying all the time.

In the dark,
my mind talks to me
and it's almost

Always dark now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss your solid poetry. Beautifully written; nicely done.

Metamatician said...

Thank you, that makes me feel good. Even if the poems are not happy.

I appreciate you reading and commenting. Truly.

Hans said...

for me it's hard that those thoughts come easily, but I understand. It's also your outlet and that's good. I agree the content is well done!

Unknown said...

I think you're too hard on yourself...but you do write it well.

And I learnt a new word - Iatrogenesis. It sounds as though it might be of Greek origin, I'll have to go check.

Metamatician said...

yes, it's greek.

and I don't always feel this way. I just write what I'm feeling at the time.

the holidays are a hard time for me. any time I stop to take stock of my life seems to be a hard time.

:(

Hans said...

It's good we don't have too many holidays to go through. I would rather not try to celebrate either; they bring up too many ghosts. We just need to forget the past though and enjoy the parts that are nice. I enjoyed having all my children together for a change and everyone seemed to appreciate our time together.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane