Monday, December 8

PUB QUIZ #1
(NEWFANGLED PHENOTYPE)

Hello and thank you for joining me in enjoying this jolly good pub quiz, known in the US as merely a quiz. I have literally written out over 500 questions on yellow legal tablets, so it's been a struggle to narrow this first edition of "The Quiz" down to a mere 25, although I'll occasionally cheat and include a, b, c, and so forth questions under a single number. It should hopefully all make sense though when you venture through it.

The scoring works like this. Submit your answers to me as an email to justin.sias@gmail.com (for that is my true name, not Metamatician, sadly), and DO NOT post them as a response here; that would be daft as it would give away answers to others.

As I receive your emails, I will grade each answer on a scale of 0 to 4, based on the quality of the answer. "0" means you know less than nothing about the question, and "4" means you've displayed sufficient knowledge that I am confident you truly know the subject. There's no scoring any more than 4 points on a question, so spare me the essays, humor, and blatant sucking-up. Just answer truthfully and efficiently and you'll be fine.

The middling scores (1-3) are awarded at my discretion to those who do have a general idea of the question's subject matter, and get close in their try to answer it. Maybe your dates or names are off, but you do know something about the topic. This is purely arbitrary on my part and is this because I am the lord of all the realms of heaven and hell. And that purgatory place - never could figure that one out.

I will announce the winner as soon as I receive all submissions and have had time to grade them, which I don't anticipate shall take long, since I'm awesome. There may even be 2nd and 3rd place prizes this time around, to keep things interesting and increase the eagerness of contestants who feel they may not have a shot at winning outright. But probably not.

So, enough preliminaries. Onto The Quiz! It will appear in the next post, and please use EMAIL only to submit answers, ask procedural questions, and bribe me with cash. Do not use the comment feature provided by this blogging service unless it's merely to sing my praises in a general way.

Good luck and may the luckiest - er, best - woman or man win!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray! Now who's going to the bar to get the beers in?

Metamatician said...

Why, you of course!

Anonymous said...

Singing.

Unknown said...

OK, your round next time. What's your poison?

Metamatician said...

Hemlock and strychnine 1:1. Neat, please, but very cold.

Unknown said...

Damn, you spoilt the 'do you want ice and lemon with that?' comment I had waiting.

Metamatician said...

Someone's eager to do me in!

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane