Thursday, April 30

Tim Buckley (1947-1975)



Dream Letter

Lady Time, fly away
I've been thinking
About my yesterdays.

Oh please, listen darling
To my empty prayers
Sleep inside my dreams tonight
All I need to know tonight
Are you, and my child.

Is he a soldier or is he dreamer?
Is he mama's little man?
Does he help you when he can?
Oh....does he ask
About me?

Just like a soldier I been out fighting wars
That the world never knows about
But I never win them loud
There's no crowds around me.

But when I get to thinking about the old days
When love was here to stay
I wonder... if we'd ever tried...
Oh, what I'd give to hold him.


***

Song to the Siren

Long afloat on shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile
Til your singing eyes and fingers
Drew me loving to your isle.

And you sang, "Sail to me!
Sail to me, let me enfold you.
Here I am, Here I am
Waiting to hold you."

Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you hare when I was fox?
Now my foolish boat is leaning
Broken lovelorn on your rocks.

For you sing, "Touch me not!
Touch me not, come back tomorrow."
Oh my heart, oh my heart
Shies from the sorrow.

And I'm as puzzled as a newborn child
I'm as troubled as the tide.
Should I stand amid the breakers?
Or should I lie with death my bride?

Hear me sing, swim to me
Swim to me, let me enfold you.
Here I am, here I am
Waiting to hold you.


No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane