Saturday, April 18

Untitled

So I'm wearing
My prison blues, yes I am
A tee shirt spotted ugly
Underwear and shoes

That's all
All that they gave me

And I'm gon' get them thugs oneday
If I don't calm myself and stay
On my little blue
Social contracts, so they say

But I say
If I gotta go, I'll go, don't you know now
If I gotta leave, I hope you believe
I was a fighter to the end now

And I never in my life
Took yes for an answer
Or did anything just because
To do so would be easier

So I'm wearing,
Yes I'm wearing with shame and pride
My prison blues
And my mood deep inside

Is a mixture
Of ugliness and beauty
Oh yes it is
Because I stayed true

To my only duty
Stayed true, oh whoa
Stayed true
To my only duty

To be myself.

-jms

3 comments:

Hans said...

'twould make a good Coen style country song - foggy bottom boys could sing it up

JOVIAN said...

marvelous!

Metamatician said...

Thank you both. I'm happy with it and yes I think of it as a very simple blues song, or OLD country, like Cash or Hank Williams. Something just strummed in a 12-bar progression with a couple of change-ups in to keep it interesting.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane