Tuesday, April 21

“True Love Will Find You In The End.

True love will find you in the end
You'll find out just who was your friend.

Don't be sad, I know you will.
But don't give up until
True love will find you in the end.

This is a promise with a catch
Only if you're looking will it find you.

'Cause true love is searching too!
But how can it recognize you
Unless you step out into the light?

Don't be sad, I know you will.
But don't give up until
True love finds you in the end.

True love will find you in the end
You'll find out just who was your friend.

So don't be sad, I know you will.
But don't give up until
True love finds you in the end
True love finds you in the end
True love will find you in the end.



©Daniel Johnston

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:D One of my favourite songs of all time (though I'll admit to preferring the Beck cover) and one I've blogged about too. It's so simple yet incredibly touching, just briliant. Daniel Johnston is an incredible songwriter. I was amazed, upon discovering him a few years ago that I'd never heard of him before. How can someone with such talent have such little recognition.

And I like his art too, he obviously has a great sense of humour.

Metamatician said...

I know, I had the same experience, as I suspect many people did. It's nice to find a pot of gold that's been hidden away. The Beck song is pure beauty, and the Death Cab For Cutie song is haunting and stays with you. Gordon Gano is... well, Gordon Gano! The Flaming lips aren't bad.... all in all, good picks for the most part to cover his songs.

But it's the songwriting - the lyrics, the sometimes odd stanzas, the unexpected turn, or the simple honesty that comes through, even on the covers. Sure, Daniel has a crap voice, but he's was and is a damn good writer. That's points in my book :-)

Metamatician said...

P.S. It appears Kurt Cobain was in the know long before many people, since he used to wear t-shirts with Daniel Johnston artwork on them in some of his shows or in the studio. And this was 15+ years ago we're talking about, long before the movie brought Mr. Johnston to the public's attention.

Unknown said...

I hadn't heard several of the bands covering hs songs before, so it was a good introduction. Nothing on there beats the Beck cover though.

And yes, his voice is bad, like mine, but he hasn't let that stop him, and once you hear his lyrics, it ceases to matter.

I knew that about Cobain - there are pics of him with that 'Hello. How are you?' t-shirt on. Hmm, I wouldn't mind one of them myself

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane