Thursday, April 30

untitled

cover me with dreams
all over, all over
the way you used to

cover me with things
the way
you're not supposed to

because i'm still not convinced
it makes any sense

and i'm not prepared to get scared
just because of it
and the dreams come anyway

whatever i do
i try to sleep, i weep in
my dirty shirt and jeans

well, i'm supposed to

just cover me with dreams
to make it seem
like i'm sleeping

and whisper things
like you used to

like you used to

like you used to



2 comments:

Hans said...

that would make a great song!

Unknown said...

I agree. It seems it was written to be one.

You've written some stirring poems/lyrics recently - though they make me sad as much as I can appreciate the beauty of the words. A shame there's no way of posting whatever chords your have in your head for them.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane