...when you need it but don't expect it is wonderful. Getting what you want when you expect it, don't need it, or both, is empty.
Joy is relative to the condition out of which joy emerged. I think it's possible to stay contented, and graceful, but not joyful.
By the same token, one cannot maintain a sense of shock, embarrassment, or fury indefinitely. They mellow into anger, then hurt, then indifference. Maybe at the end, if you are lucky or you work toward it, will come serenity.
- ► 2010 (289)
- Grunge, Inc.
- Dreams, reality.
- What kind of Asian food do you like?
- Old & Cool Rock
- The Wall.
- Empty Spaces. (Roger Waters) (album version) Wh...
- Getting what you want...
- Gibbons = Cute
- Nature = Mathematics
- Another choice if you don't like rock.
- Not Kashmir, cashmere!
- Quote of the Day.
- Some cool music to listen to while you browse
- A mini-questionnaire
- I bought one of those stud-finders...
- Harry Potter Character Poll...
- Here's a tough one:
- Not mine, but pretty!
- Of the following, who's the oldest?
- Lyra's world.
- This was too cool not to post.
- Coming soon: The history of spaghetti! (Still on ...
- The Dawn of Writing.
- "Science fiction.... Double feature...."
- One of these was written by an open atheist.
- From old notes, past research. Still valid, I'm su...
- Eating worms....
- Dr. Hugo Heyrman
- An update on the cat highway
- 1,000 Years (reprise) (Jarboe/Swans) I'll live...
- A voluntary questionnaire
- Bobbing for pumpkins!
- What is your preferred type of manual writing impl...
- Fareeda, the stripeless white Bengal tiger
- Always been my favorite Madonna song.
- Giving. Those that giveth sometimes taketh away a...
- Lisa and Brendan (of DCD)
- Severance. Severance The birds of leaving call to...
- ▼ July (44)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)