I left a cup of Mountain Dew on my desk overnight (why didn't I finish it? that's a rarity), and after I was safely in bed, a little corps of ants snuck over the rim of the cup and fell into the sweet nectar, to their doom.
This is the same short-term thinking - or maybe utter lack of thinking - that leads countless other insects into pitcher plants and venus fly traps, seals on the Farallon Islands to leave the safety of their rocks and "go for a swim," roaches to check into roach motels, flies to "investigate" spiderwebs, and me to drive to Safeway to get a case of Mountain Dew.
Like I said, ants are dumb.
- Ants are dumb.
- My rating system.
- This is pretty cool I guess.
- Meta's Word Challenge
- Sade makes the most of her minimalist lyrics.
- This post is for Hans.
- Sam Harris talking sense, as always.
- Battle at Meta's window sill
- Lucy Lawless playing a cylon.
- This explains a lot.
- A cup of tea.
- Arwen and Aragorn.
- Clarus the Dogcow.
- Blogger earns a stay of execution.
- My prediction for the next couple months...
- abseiling stumbling around in a dreamor maybe waki...
- kirchner, potsdamer platz
- This about sums it up.
- Snoozy Boy
- A quick computer video questionaire...
- Leonard Cohen just gets better with age.
- Indrid Cold.
- Last lights.
- Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano.
- Piano Magic
- What is a 'generation' these days?
- Hitler and the iPad
- Word quiz.
- Animal names.
- They're beautiful, ferocious, endangered, and they...
- Gonna try something...
- Could someone pick one of these up for me?
- In The Lord of the Rings,
- ▼ March (37)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)