Here are 10 words for you to define. Ok, I will be extra nice this time and make it a matching game. However, in order not to make it too simple, don't count on the definitions to be in the same tense or form (noun, adjective, etc.) as the main word; the root word will match the basic sense of the definition, but that's all I can guarantee. Have fun!
01. irascible....... A. slavish attention to rules
02. cladistic....... B. minute particle or trace
03. pedantry........ C. taxonomically inclined
04. lugubrious...... D. ill-natured
05. contretemps..... E. sorrowful
06. aquiline........ F. eagle-like
07. portentous...... G. equal in lefts and rights
08. palimpsest...... H. parchment overwritten later
09. scintilla....... I. ominously significant
10. racemic......... J. embarrassing mischance
Ah, the joy of words!
- Ants are dumb.
- My rating system.
- This is pretty cool I guess.
- Meta's Word Challenge
- Sade makes the most of her minimalist lyrics.
- This post is for Hans.
- Sam Harris talking sense, as always.
- Battle at Meta's window sill
- Lucy Lawless playing a cylon.
- This explains a lot.
- A cup of tea.
- Arwen and Aragorn.
- Clarus the Dogcow.
- Blogger earns a stay of execution.
- My prediction for the next couple months...
- abseiling stumbling around in a dreamor maybe waki...
- kirchner, potsdamer platz
- This about sums it up.
- Snoozy Boy
- A quick computer video questionaire...
- Leonard Cohen just gets better with age.
- Indrid Cold.
- Last lights.
- Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano.
- Piano Magic
- What is a 'generation' these days?
- Hitler and the iPad
- Word quiz.
- Animal names.
- They're beautiful, ferocious, endangered, and they...
- Gonna try something...
- Could someone pick one of these up for me?
- In The Lord of the Rings,
- ▼ March (37)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)