Monday, March 27

An aside

This 'life' thing... it's all very recursive isn't it? It's not like walking down a gently meandering path till you hit the end. You come at it from below, spiralling up and revisiting the same events, the same emotions, time and time again. Each time you get a different take, and a little something inside you clicks, and makes sense. And something else comes undone and has to be dealt with later. If you stay alive long enough and keep your wits about you and stay curious, you start putting it all together eventually, but I don't know that it ever really leads anywhere. I haven't been at it long enough to know that. But I do know that most people don't really even try to find out. They shut their minds off just when things start to get interesting. Or maybe horrifying. There is always that. Still, if there's one thing I'm proud of - and it may be the only thing - it's that I kept at it, that I never took anyone's word for anything, or acted as though I believed out of convenience or to play nice. I've been as uncompromising towards the world as my mind has always been with me.

1 comment:

Metamatician said...

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It certainly does lead somewhere in a very practical sense, but spiritually? Religiously? Philosophically? These are the apects I'm "not sure" about... nor do I believe we ever can be, from our vantage point on this material Earth.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane