Thursday, March 16

Wiser but less happy

Ojai and Santa Barbara were like Hawaii
When I was there, I knew no different
Russia might well have been Japan
For all I had known before

Daffodils on some field commemorated
The anonymous fallen soldier
What does that mean to a person like me,
Who has never known need in all his years?

Thailand felt like home in California
Because my family was with me
My wife and my daughter, who could
Want for anything more?

Roses in bunches presented to me
But I can't reach,
It was something more in the old days
But still we all try our best don't we?

Don't we?

1 comment:

Metamatician said...

If there is something I do have control over it's the abiity to never stop trying to learn, and to discover a life that is meaningful. This is my intent, and I appreciate the support.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane