Wednesday, September 5


Aki.

I was given the Chrysanthemum Throne in 660 BC
I am fearless in the face of physical harm
Was I born then or now? I don't remember
Light flickers to either side of my gaze,
A place not to raise questions.

I was birthed by Amaterasu when the world was young
Yet I remember none of it. Why? There is only dark.
I feel the warm hideous breath of the past upon my neck
With every careful step, searching for answers
But I am invulnerable in my duty.

Stand back, young warriors, your weapons will never find their mark;
The sharper they are, the duller they strike.
Stand back, kings who cover yourselves in silver and gold;
Your wealth is heavy and your grief old.

The only way out is into the sun in the center of your heart.
Find the sunlight in the night sky.
Sail to the moon on wings
Of gossamer.

Don't believe in yourself,
Believe in love
Or in nothing at all.

3 comments:

Hans said...

very original, love the mystery and especially the simplicity as it goes further on, eventually pointing out that love is what really matters more than anything else ~ not our own egos.

Metamatician said...

Thank you! I don't get many comments on my poems so I cherish the ones I do get. You've got the right take on this one I believe.

Hans said...

Thank YOU! Your poems are precious gems.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane