Saturday, September 22

(click each photo to make it larger)








UNTITLED

What happened to all the years...
I feel like I was 18 six months ago
I remember the exact day
It's not some shrouded memory

Why do we charge into the future so quickly
But when we look back,
It seems to stretch out over eons
Multiple discrete lifetimes

It's not your body's age that matters
It's what you've been through in your mind
That is the conventional wisdom anyways
Still I would rather be 25

Than be forced to tell people an age I don't
Know how I ever reached
I must have skipped a decade, honestly
I'm no better now than at 18

Just older on paper
But I'm still the same, I still like music
That kicks ass, I'll still kick your ass
If you bother me

What DID happen to all the years?
Vanished in jars of clay
Put away for archaeologists maybe
Robbed when I was napping one day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...I like the part about kicking ass. You oldie moldy!
I better hide my then, huh?

Anonymous said...

hide my ass*
yeah..there's my failed attempt to post something interesting.

Metamatician said...

LOL. Please DON'T hide it! No kicking, I promise.

Hans said...

Reminds me of Bilbo remembering his first adventure. There and back again. I'll bet none of us feel the age we are on paper. I'm getting older finally, but I haven't reached my real age yet (111). The Road Goes Ever Ever On.....

Metamatician said...

If you get to be 111, you'll be frightening looking. No offense, but I think we all would. Better keep that magic ring on.

Although there was that French woman, that Chinese man, and a whole bunch of other people claimed to be even older than that, like 120.

I guess it's possible! I'd hope to still have my mind intact and not be senile. If my mind ever goes, please unplug the cord to my body! Thank you.

Metamatician said...

Oh, and... Oldie Moldy?!?!?

Gonna get you for that!

Sara said...

I can't imagine anything worse than living til 120. I take hope from the fact that I'll be outta here long before then and hopefully well on the way to getting some of my damn questions answered.

Thesaurus Rex said...

I'm gonna live til I'm 120, and I'll still whoop J at tennis!

Sara said...

Better keep taking the glucosamine then Rex.

Metamatician said...

Yes, after all those years training you'll finally beat me at tennis (nevermind I've developed severe ALS in the meantime), but since you've neglected cricket for so long during that single-minded pursuit, your team sack you and pick me for your spot and we go on to win the cup (or whatever you win in cricket? A spoon? Tongs? A scarab dipped in gold paint?). The end.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane