Friday, November 9

The always-pretentious 'wish list'

Okay, I'm no kid anymore and only a few people that read this blog are even relatives of mine. The rest of you I've likely never even met so I expect no gifts for Christmas or anything of the sort, though I do still want you as friends if that's all right with you. I'm putting this link out there for maybe 1 or 2 people, and also as a curiosity for those who love to spy on other people's wish lists. Notice I said lists as in the plural of a single list. This link should take you to the top list, something to do with Animals, and along the left you'll see going all the way down to at least 'W', lists with varied themes. I like lots of different things, you see.

The secret is, it's not really a place for me to list things I actually expect anyone to buy me. I got over that quite awhile ago anyways. It's become more or less my headquarters for keeping track of things that look cool, I would like to have, don't want to forget about, or I can just plain dream about for some of the really expensive items. So don't think I'm that pretentious. Anyways, have a look if you want to and if you don't want to, then don't. But thanks for reading this if you've gotten all the way down here. It means my self-effacing, colloquial tone has just made you read two whole paragraphs about a set of ridiculous (but well-organized, I must admit) lists that I don't even expect you to make use of! That's Real Ultimate Power.

Plus, maybe somebody will actually come through with a truckload of that stuff on Christ's and my birthday, which would totally rule.

Justin's Amazon Wishlist Portal...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=sv_wl_4/103-4213158-1829442

6 comments:

Sara said...

Hmm.. it could well be foolhardy to send you anything, considering the disappearance of the last little gift. The US postal service is hopelessly unreliable. Grrr..

Metamatician said...

It appears I've got that ironed out now; they stopped delivering for a few weeks because my tiny mailbox was overfilled with junk (well, duh). I had to go to the central post office and reassure them I still lived there and at the same time admonish the people who run these flats that one can hardly expect to have a microscopic mailbox and yet received more stacks of environment-killing junk than ever; the math just doesn't work out. Even if you get nothing important you have to check the damn thing every day just make sure that junk mail doesn't cause your box to overflow and be shut down. Ridiculous.

Mandula said...

Why don't you use gmail for that? Really biiig place to get emails, even junkies. :)

Metamatician said...

=) I think you misunderstood, or you're playing a funny joke on me. I'm talking about real mail, like christmas presents. Are you just having a laugh with us? If so sorry ...and it's funny :)

Metamatician said...

No one appears interested in my great breadth of knowledge as evinced by the plenitude of themed lists. I guess I probably wouldn't be either if it were one of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested, just late and broke.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane