Wednesday, November 14

My secret path.

I can only say your name so often
Before the word becomes dissociated
And my elation turns to something fantastical
Rather than grounded in reality
But this reality is ugly
And you are fantastic;

I can only hope for better times in the years
And the decades ahead, to lead people everywhere
Out of their neuroses, their crises, their fear
And heed the trumpet of Jericho now for it blows
Not a fair wind at all, my dear lady,
No sound you should ever hear;

I can only give you my coat and comfort you
The best I know how, which is to care and to strive
When the wind-blown stars bow their heads in shame
For they could only turn the world, and stare
Not be there for us in comfort when our lives
Went down in flames;

I can only lead you to a secretive path
That I found once in my youth and have lost on and off
As the parade of black-armoured years solidered by
I can only ask you to come with me
I cannot tell you why.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful Poem.

There is a future and there is hope. It is on it's way, just hang in there a little longer.

Hans said...

Very heartfelt!! And I agree with byter

Metamatician said...

Thank you very much, especially Bytedoc (no offense emp). I rather liked it too after I'd written it. One of those no-editing needed poems that just comes out. Nice when it happens!

Sara said...

I love this one, it has a more wistful feel to it rather than some of your brilliant but decidely more Gothic prose.

Hoorah! The poems are back :-D

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane