Wednesday, November 21

world of no pity

eyes of green, see, seas of ice
couldn't turn my frail boat
from seeking morning

and in your fathomless gaze
that princess ghost
still mooring

I wish the sun would stay in the sky forever...
I wish that love was strong
and stayed strong
grew strong and
ever stronger

for now that we have passed
what some might say is the last chance we'll get

I just want to hold you
I just want to hold you
to feel your heart near mine, to close our eyes together

and forget to feel the night come
my love, and be with you still tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sara said...

These poems are all such beautiful, melancholic expressions from the soul. There's an ancient world weary knowingness about them, as if you're resigned to finding a world so disappointing in comparison to the one you Know is possible.

Metamatician said...

Thank you - your wisdom is amazing. You always know just what I'm thinking or feeling, guess you've been "there" too.

Thanks for reading my poems.

Sara said...

I love your poems, and as you are well aware, 'it takes one to know one'!

Metamatician said...

yeah, kinda like what they say about assholes and opinions.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane