Saturday, October 31



"Coming Back To Life"
(Pink Floyd)

Where were you when I was burned and broken,
While the days slipped by, from my window watching?
Where were you, when I was hurt and helpless?
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me.

While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard,
I was staring straight into the shining sun.

Lost in thought and lost in time,
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted.
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime.

I took a heavenly ride through our silence,
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life.

I took a heavenly ride through our silence,
I knew the waiting had begun;
And headed straight... into the shining sun.

5 comments:

Sara said...

One of my all time favourite songs. :-)

Metamatician said...

Yay =D

Me too. The Division Bell was such a good album, even though Roger was gone. I think it surprised a lot of people then and continues to do so now with just how good it was and how well it's stood up to the other great albums in their catalogue. Almost every song is perfect, as one would expect from a Floyd album.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the group with Roger. Nobody can write angsty lyrics like him. But this album I think shut up most of the people who said that the band was nothing without him. David Gilmour was just as much the heart and soul of the band and you can really see it on the post-Roger stuff, where he really shines on his own (with the help of Wright and Mason, of course).

Hope you're well!
J xx

Hans said...

like the lyrics

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

My all time favourite song is High Hopes from Division Bell. But nothing like this line from this song- "I knew the time had arrived, for killing the past and coming back to life".

Metamatician said...

Hi Oormi!

I agree, that's a wonderful line.

Glad to know you're a Floyd fan as well! You have impeccable taste in literature and music :)

BTW, I almost put High Hopes on here instead, so it's funny you mentioned it.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane