Friday, August 3

Emma Hale

He brought the storms and dust a temperment
and had an air of eloquence, and underneath,
well who could say? Slept beneath the stars
at night, the moon so bright, the vision white;
all who knew him swooned or swayed
or ran away.

Restoration to the earlier ways of the Lord,
restorations to the teeming hordes
no one in that dustbowl managed to move on,
without a trace of Joseph upon them.
No one who left did come again;
they'd left in sin.

Now some say mason blood did fill those gritty
veins of Chapel Hill. An' people they still search
for holy things. In shafts of light,
warm summer nights... Sealings before the
nose of Light. Burying her first child, Emma Hale
gave her life over to His goodness and failed.

Oh oh oh, poor, oh poor, poor Emma Hale.

2 comments:

Hans said...

OK, OK, where did this come from? You been watchin' cowboy movies again? Yer gonna get whipped!

Metamatician said...

LOL. Not much of a detective effort there! I could tell you, or you could just use Google... Emma Hale...

(Anchor-sized giveaway. Thud.)

BTW, all my "weird" poem titles have meanings. I leave it to my readers to figure it out, if they care too. Hopefully it works purely aesthetically too, and if you want to enjoy it on that level that's fine as well.

But I rarely just slap on a title with no meaning. If I don't have a title that has some meaning, I just leave it untitled or Untitled.

So big hint there, that goes for everything back to the beginning of the blog, the beginning of my writing since I was maybe 12 or so.

I use a lot of esoteric titles and names and subjects that I write "around" in outline but don't come out and name the actual thing. I also write a lot of simple, straightforward things that do NOT contain anything mysterious.

So I'm not saying everything is a riddle. And no, I don't mean Tom Riddle. Some things, even maybe most, you can take at face value. But if there's a name or words or subject you don't feel you understand, it MIGHT be purely abstract, but chances are maybe 90% it's a real thing that you could look up and unravel is you cared to.

Ok, enough. I feel like a magician who just explained the cup-and-ball trick :-|

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane