Saturday, August 25


MOVIE QUOTES
From
They Might Be Giants (1971).
~
(Upon being told: "God! You're just like Don Quixote, you think everything's always something else.")

“Well, he had a point. Of course, he carried it a bit too far. He thought that every windmill was a giant. That's insane. But, thinking that they might be… well… all the best minds used to think the world was flat. But, what if it isn't? It might be round! And bread mold might be medicine. If we never looked at things and thought of what they might be, why, we'd all still be out there in the tall grass with the apes.”
~
“I think if God is dead he laughed himself to death.

Because, you see, we live in Eden. Genesis has got it all wrong—we never left the Garden. Look about you. This is paradise! It's hard to find, I'll grant you, but it is here. Under our feet, beneath the surface, all around us is everything we want. The earth is shining under the soot. We are all fools.”
~
Justin Playfair/Sherlock Holmes
Played by George C. Scott

4 comments:

Hans said...

Wow, You reminded me of a real Classic!! On my top ten list (I mean if I had one). Have to see that one again, it's been years.

Metamatician said...

Yeah, for me too. Great movie, it was depressing for me when I watched it because it seems so futile to go up against a whole world run my Moriarty. But I guess you could be an optimist and take it as a challenge. The meaning is in the search, that kind of thing.

JOVIAN said...

love that movie. been trying to find it for ten years on dvd but after an initial release it was discontinued for some reason. guess even seeing it again on VHS would be acceptable at this point.

Hans said...

Disillusionist: I found a place to order rare DVDs - if you get me a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe, I'll tell you where.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane