1. Is there a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or some other "chain" health food store in your city or a nearby large city? Or just farmer's markets, small specialty stores owned individually, and carnicerias/butchers if you don't want to go to a supermarket and buy mostly processed food?
2. How would you rate the 'Machismo' level of the men in your country (in the dominant culture, not in small ethnic minorities)? 1 to 10... 10 being the most obnoxious.
3. Is telephone, mobile phone, television, and internet access where you live generally very reliable, somewhat reliable, just ok, not very reliable, or terrible? Do most people/families have all four of these services or are some considered more of a luxury that an average working family might not have?
4. How many languages would you say the average URBAN working person in your country understands and speaks well enough to communicate most ideas in, even if it's with a strong accent and incomplete mastery? Count the primary language as one, and add each additional language that you feel is commonly spoken (say, English or French if that is not the primary language). For example, many Swiss, depending on the city they live in, might be fairly fluent in German, French, Italian, and English.
5. Last question. Do you feel the medical care in your country (regardless of its availability and cost) is state-of-the-art, a little behind the most modern countries but still very good, just average, below average compared to many modern countries, or is actually awful and you try to avoid it when possible?
Monday, September 7
- ► 2010 (289)
- Richard Dawkins almost always makes sense.
- Crwth. A coward calls it cowardice Many upright p...
- Parliament building, Budapest.
- If your pet was a different animal, what would (s)...
- City nicknames
- Sad songs...
- New pic of my FarmVille farm.
- The Seventh Stranger. Those words are all remainde...
- Brilliant version of "Sinking"
- This is the problem with blogs.
- Inspirational words.
- Gentiles are not Gentle. It's not antisemitism - t...
- Jabbing at a wound. crying,crying every daydenying...
- M. Johnson
- Gravitate To Me.
- Meta being curious again.
- Vlad and Mina
- The best scene in Bram Stoker's Dracula (spoiler)
- Dracula quiz
- ~“I have crossed oceans of time... just to see you...
- Hans Brinker
- Here's my farm in FarmVille currently.
- Nobody feels my pain. No one feels what I really ...
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)