Wednesday, September 16

The Seventh Stranger.

Those words are all remainders,
Echos growing in the heart of twilight.
They lay back laughing at naivete's star.
Awaken all those whispers,
The dusty shadow of a passing favour.
I wouldnt say that you were ruthless or right
I couldnt see from so far.
Was I chasing after rainbows?
One thing for sure - you never answered when I called.
And I wiped away the water from my face
To look through the eyes of a stranger.

For rumours in the wake of such a lonely crowd
Trading in my shelter for danger.
I'm changing my name just as the sun goes down -
In the eyes of the stranger.

Can't tell the real from reflections
When all these faces look the same to me.
In every city such a desolate dream
Some days are strange to number
Some say the seventh sounds a little bit stranger.
A year of sundays seems to have drifted right by
I could have sworn in one evening.
And I'm not seized in desperation,
No steel reproaches on the table from before.
But I still can feel those splinters of ice
I look through the eyes of a stranger.

I must be chasing after rainbows.
One thing for sure, you never answer when I call.
And I wipe away the water from my face
To look through the eyes of a stranger.

For rumours in the wake of such a lonely crowd
Trading in my shelter for danger.
I'm changing my name just as the sun goes down
Walking away like a stranger.

(Simon LeBon)

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane