Monday, July 16

Animal Wars: The calm before the storm

Actually, I'm just posting an updated starting bracket, color-coded by region. Forget the region colors I mentioned in a previous post, I came to my senses and went with Blue, Yellow, Red, and Green.

There's nothing significant about these colors, nor does singling out the quarterfinal stage (4 candidates remaining) have any special purpose other than to mimic the NCAA tournament Final Four, and to visually break up the larger 32/16/8 fields into manageable chunks.

Also, it gives animals that don't make it all the way to the championship a title of sorts (Green region winner, for example). And finally, it makes it slightly easier for me to refer to the action if I can use the region color in the description.

Feel free to view and print the new cheerful and colorful battle template. I messed up slightly and if you want the whole thing to fit on one page, most printers will print it at around 94% of actual size. This is fine, the fonts have been rasterized so they won't be quite as sharp, but it's plenty legible. Or you can print at 100% and the fonts will look better, but there will be some clipping of the top and bottom (but not enough to actually lose any of the text, just some drop shadows). It's up to you.

4 comments:

Hans said...

no comments yet, so I'll just say - I'm waiting but not patiently~~~~ I know it takes time, so hurry up.

Metamatician said...

Heh... going to get a mocha for its life-giving forces and then work on the first match...

LIONS vs TIGERS (oh my)

JOVIAN said...

alright, bring it on!

Anonymous said...

When, when, when??

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane