Tuesday, July 10








"I've Seen It All"
(Björk)

ive seen it all
i have seen the trees
i have seen the willow leaves
dancing in the breeze

ive seen a man killed
by his best friend
and lives that were over
before they were spent

ive seen what i was
and i know what will be
ive seen it all
there is no more to see.

you havent seen elephants
kings or peru...
im happy to say
i have better to do

what about china?
have you seen the great wall?
all walls are great
if the roof doesnt fall

and the man you will marry
the home you will share?
to be honest
I really dont care.

youve never been
to niagara falls...
i have seen water
its water, thats all

the eiffel tower
the empire state?
my pulse was as high
on my very first date

your grandsons hand
as he plays with your hair...
to be honest
I really dont care.

3 comments:

Hans said...

Simple and sad.

Metamatician said...

I agree. Resignation. To the present? We hope. To the abyss? We hope not.

Thanks for commenting on others' lyrics now when they mean something to you.

Any reason you dislike Björk? Her voice? The electronic backgrounds? Her intensity?

How much have you heard?

Hans said...

I don't care for her voice, but then again haven't heard a whole lot.....i would probably like some and not some. She's unique, but too weird for me, but like I said, i may be jumping the gun and not giving her a chance other than hearing a few songs you've sent, which i haven't liked. Just not my type.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane