Sunday, July 15

Nic.

I loved you madly

For reasons I could barely say,
For all the ways you made me feel,
For all the zeal that filled those days.
A summer drifted through our lives
And whirlwinds carried me your way.

I love you madly still, it's true
My heart shall ever yearn for you.
I spoke too soon and lost a lady,
Watched my chance so swift and sadly
Dashed upon the pavement stones
That crushed its bones so badly.

But now I'm on the mend, again,
And still our end feels like a dream,
My heart an ugly landfill spilling
Broken love and stillborn
Thrills and chilly, wind-blown kisses, bliss
And sweetness meant for other beings.

4 comments:

Hans said...

I really wish that two people who are so alike could have met...soulmates...maybe someday if it's meant to be.

Metamatician said...

Darn age difference.

Sara said...

Meta, here's a book I think you'd appreciate, if that is, you haven't already ready read it? 'The Time Travellers Wife', by Audrey Niffenegger.

Just a thought....

Metamatician said...

Thank you for the recommendation; no, I haven't read it. I will give it a try. =)

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane