Saturday, October 21

I don't drink anymore
Haven't done "street" drugs in a long time
I take pills the doctors give me
To keep me in line
To help me keep my mind
And all around me I see lovers' arms entwined
As they march away in twos like the zoos of Noah
NOAA tells me a storm is headed my way
I want to let it wash me away
But there are people in the way
A mom and a sister, and an ex and two misters
And maybe three other girls that I know, so young
Their hearts would split in two if I should go, so glum
So now I shall write me a villanelle
A ghazal, renga and a triolet
A sonnet like a modern gazelle
Flying aflame through the trees so spent
And the cheetah chasing behind me
I've seen the worst he can do to me, friend
Don't stoop down to remind me
Just stay a pace behind me.

2 comments:

Metamatician said...

not lyrics... sorry.

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

Meta, you are simply brilliant!I'll be teaching this poem to my kids next week.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane