Sunday, October 22

I NEED AN ILLUSTRATOR. Well, this isn't quite a classified ad, but I was just musing over how I need someone who can fill my artistic gaps (drawing, painting) and who would collaborate with me on this site, on a possible upcoming book (shh!), and just in general. Photography is another skill which is always welcomed, as is, for that matter, writing. There's no rule against talent overlap, but lately I've been finding myself long on text and light on illustration, such that to keep the site visually interesting I've had to go to outside sources and credit them, which is ok but it does depersonalize things a bit.

I knew someone who was perfect for this role. The offer's still there, of course. But it's also open to anyone who wants to contribute and get a credit and some feedback from my measly audience (I like to think I have a readership of thousands, all of whom lurk and never post. Then again, I'm on pills.) If someone were to ever come along who became of "creative partner" status, or course, it would go beyond individual credit and that person would become a co-author of the site.

I just feel like this thing needs to grow in a different direction and I need help bringing visualization to my words. It's also sort of a dangling fishhook for an artist who might be willing to collaborate with my on a book of poems and illustrations that I have been slowly planning to put together over the months.

2 comments:

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

Justin, I m so glad that you are thinking of publishing you work in book form. That is simply great. Like I have always said, you have the rare gift of words and you have to share it with the world.All the best in your endeavours...

Metamatician said...

Thanks Oormilla and mom. Yeah, I was philosophically opposed to "selling out" as a youngster, then I was busy and couldn't be bothered, or I was having a breakdown... but now I think the time may be right to at least give it a try.

If it never makes it out there or if the public is indifferent, that's cool. As long as I'm happy with the quality of the work and feel I did my best, I'll be at peace. Like one of your paintings, I'm sure. That's the only way to go about art. Otherwise the critics will drive you completely insane.

Well, more later. I'll IM or email you when I get a chance and we can catch up. Best to you and your family =)

J.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane