Tuesday, October 24

Mom, you're always so kind when I'm scarred
The circumpolar star, surpassing by far
The role you were given, I love who you are;

Sheila, even though we are black and white
And I see as shadows what to you is most light
I'm indebted forever to your selflessness despite;

Susannah, you never really
speak to me
Your mouth seems sure but your mind isn't free
And your heart is the most hidden of the three;

Taunya, you liked playing mother to me
Though it ground you to pieces and hazes what you see
When I show you in radiance all I can be;

Debbie, you were so easy to please
Such a nice girl, giggled, then started to tease
When it didn't work out, you changed like the breeze;

Nicola, you were the brightest of all
From the middle of April to the middle of fall
And the hole in my heart has left no feeling at all
For I craved you most, my doll;

Jessica, I don't even know who you are
A sister of mercy or an imploding star
But instinct tells me something I'll keep to my chest
Until we have spoken more, I shall not divest
May your dreams stay unbroken. I wish you the best-
See you on Monday next.

2 comments:

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

nice... I remember listening to this song by a famous artist ( can't recall who exactly, Van Morrison perhaps?) called "dedicated to all the women I ever loved" or something to that effect. Your poem reminds me of it...

Metamatician said...

Julio Iglesias? =)

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane