Saturday, October 7

There is so much pain in the world
So many broken lives
Struggling souls
Burdened with so much grief
So many children receiving less than they need
Parents doing the best they can with what they have
And so many ruptured hearts
Lost love
Missed chances
I don’t want to lose my chance with you

I feel the suffering of the world
Like a shotgun blast every morning
When I force my eyes open to the light
And the light of the truth
Sears them like a furnace
That only the most wretched man
Could label as justice
Justice is an arbitrary measure with which
The Haves can alleviate their guilt
And preserve their vitality

Nothing about the land, the sky,
Or the ocean suggests tranquility
There are tectonic movements every day
Tidal surges, eruptions of flame
Vast famines and plagues sweeping
Through lands forsaken
By their long-lost beasts of burden
Cousins of a violent deviant strain
That mercilessly procreated
Our present unholy reign

And yet there is so much love to be found
Between all the fallen pieces
Outside of the swollen slums
Inside the hearts of every man and woman
Who has the presence of mind to listen
And hear what the wind is saying
And see what their eyes can fathom
Without the dead weight of prejudice
And fatal pride
I keep my passions hidden inside
So that I may share them uncorrupted with you.

One day.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane