Thursday, October 5

I turned my heart toward you
In a happy hour of Spring
And asked for your protection then
Which you did swear to bring
Like shadows we assumed a life
That waited better days
I had no problem then, my love
In living like a slave

But then the chill came over me
And I saw where I lay
A thousand corpses curled about
Their faces shaped of clay
Had waited for you one by one
And never found a prayer
To keep them from oblivion
So silent, they lay there.

I'll never try to free you, dove
I'll never be your friend
Against my very nature, I
Will never love again
The rose petals are sharp
They were nothing meant for you
But skies act like the coming of
The rapture may be true

Oh you who try to harm me
By silence or by blood
Will see the lamb get slaughtered
In his own festoon of love
Where tears of joy and hate are mixed
And all who do attend
Will die before they get the chance
To see the sun again.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane