Wednesday, September 27

Administrative at my heart
Lost in shadow left for dead and torn apart
There is apathy in the widest view a
Man can take in this day and age
Universal sufferage plays savage games
I balk at my own shadow:
Where have I been now, for how long, how?

Lining up the answers for a possible
Return to the living splendor of life
But left unbidden high and dry
Mathematically dying
These are the concentric circles
We label our lives, like the title game
Where three scores and a commercial break
A triumphant season can make
We lift our eyes to the horizon

Break now upon my rockiest shore
This is what encouragement is for
You take a heart stripped of all ambition
Force it to change its position
And leave the confines of your prison once more
Explore the shiny bits you haven't
Dared to speak of before, adoring.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane