Monday, September 25

Psalm 187

Most people are assholes. They're fine hanging out with you when you're invisible or if you're fun. If you have real emotions that go up and down, during the down times they feel unconfortable around you instead of concerned and supportive. If you have depression, nearly all friends and family disappear from your side in a show of blatant selfishness. Real friends stick together through thick and thin. They don't have to constantly entertain one another and pretend their life is totally normal. I don't respect the vast majority of people I've known in my life because of this. People abandon you or put you on the back burner when you need them the most. It's disgusting to me.

2 comments:

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

You have said it so forcefully and so appropriately, Meta! I have the same problem with people sometimes. When you are down they are like" Come on, come on, snap out of it. Get a move on!" And it is not said with compassion or patience.It is with exasperation and irritation. Hello people, it is not like I get perverse pleasure hitting rock bottom and wallowing there. I just can't help it just like you can't help it if your stupid liver stops producing insulin and your sugar levels begin to spike!

I have heard the following lines said to me several times in my life by several people- friends and family-

1.)"If you don't snap out of this, you will ruin everything over time"
2.) "Being depressed will dismantle your marriage and alienate your husband"
3.) "You will destroy your child with your moods"
4.) "Why do you get such exquisite pleasure of being addicted to depression?"
5.)" You are hard to be with".

Everyone wants you when you are sunny and happy and giving out "positive vibrations". Hit the blue moods and everyone shows a clean pair of heels. I lost three great friends to manic-depression. My boss and mentor, SK ( committed suicide in 2003 after his divorce and alienation from his family), my dear friend JM, also divorced and now living in a home for the ill.My dear friend LS, who committed suicide in 1998.

My aunt is still with me she is divorced as well. But I keep her happy, on even keel, being there for her, holding her, lending her the support and love she richly deserves. It is on of my life's missions to give her a happy home till she dies.

The other camp would say that living with a depressive or someone with a more serous condition like manic-depressive psychosis is a test of endurance and ultimately it is no point because it is beyond any help. But do you remeber what you said to me at the altar? For better or for worse? Well, just checking...

Metamatician said...

Last thing you said. EXACTLY.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane