Tuesday, September 19

In Memorium.

Light a candle for Tess Eisiminger
Let it join the others, so many they burn
A light in heaven,
Crush back the dark with pain
Yet maintain their presence
On the coldest day of the year
When you look into the sky you may see
A bird or a tree, tranquil
Or in ecstasy
But do you really believe?
Light a candle tonight for Tess,
Let her rest where her heart can hear
Memories of laughter and not these
Ugly, ugly tears
Let it join the others, so dense they burn
A ball of fire in the sky
The lost but never forgotten ones
Wild flames we see as the sun.

4 comments:

JOVIAN said...

beautifully written. it reminds me of my senior year in high school when my good friend Jeff Strand's sister hung herself in their home. it's difficult to say they didn't have a reason to do it, but it's so incredibly sad nonetheless.

H

Metamatician said...

Thanks. It is always a sad thing, even if it's hard to pinpoint exactly why.

Metamatician said...

I think this is one of the best poems I've ever written, if only because every word was genuinely heartfelt and not penned for 'artistic' purposes, and yet it all worked out. And it's personal...

Summer Love said...

I'll never stop missing you & wishing that this has all just been a nightmare but it's real & it changed SO much, not for the better. I wish I could have traded places w/you as you had SO much promise & talent. I kept feeling like something was wrong months ahead of time so Tess I hope you can forgive me for not doing more. I could give plenty of reasons for why I didn't speak up but I didn't want to cause you drama over nothing. I'm sorry I failed you so badly & it kills me to see what this accident has done to the one that loved you most & the rest of your loved ones.
Thank you for letting me into your life & allowing me to get to know your beautiful soul. I'll always have a special place in my heart for you my beautiful girl that's inner beauty made her shine even brighter! It was an honor to have had the honor of loving you & having you in my life.
Rest in the arms of God in eternal peace <3
I'll love you always & forever xoxoxoxoxo

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane