Saturday, September 23

I have nothing.

I walk
on the ocean
seems a decade has passed
since I saw you last
we were still shaking
on the horizon
of a future so strong
and then it faded

Talk to myself
whisper an answer
to a question that you posed
and the waves touched your toes
are we moving? or is the world changing?
fleeter now than before
I drift to the shore

Every dusk the red ball dips to the ocean
pauses to drink, then plummets from sight
every day a new sun lifts unsuspecting
from blue doomy waters of night

It's so very hard to keep on believing
crossing your fingers and living alone
tell yourself it's the logical option
afraid of the dark, afraid of the cold

Walk
into the river
that leads upstream in a valley
between grassy hills
and my hair sways
and I feel no pain
and you are crying
but you have something.

2 comments:

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

Talk about Imagism! This poem looks so much like the picture.The obelisk like pattern is repeated in the length of the lines... Interesting..

Metamatician said...

You noticed!!!

Omg.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane