Wednesday, September 27

Fire.

I have not had the time
Time unends
Where do our lives go
Around the next bend or
Somewhere far away
Beyond the golden moon
To the central heart
Or to the open wound

Fire halos
Wreath our heads tonight
I am lame with anguish
I am damned by pride
In the outer spaces
Truths we found inside
Tremoring
Like the serpent's slide

I have not had the time
Time begins again
Where do our minds go
When it's time to go?
Along the avenue
Beneath the deepest grey
Hold your thoughts to you
Watch them burn away

1 comment:

oormila vijayakrishnan said...

I've been the baffled by the same question- where do our minds go when we die? Sure, the body disintergrates and gets back into the cycle of recycled matter. But the mind?
I loved this poem.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane