Sunday, April 22

By the way, I've noticed there are virtually NO comments on song lyrics and pictures I've posted by people other than myself. The exception is Heath, and occasionally Jon. But I pick these pieces out from the vast array of nonsense out there to convey something that has a bearing on my life or seems apropos in some fashion to what is going on at the moment. Plus, some of them are just great art - I wouldn't just put in third party material as filler. Why then the lack of comments? It makes me wonder. Are people not moved by great art the way I am, or at least ballsy enough to tell me my taste is terrible? Why do people have so little to say in general?

Me, I have diarrhea of the brain. I'm willing to accept that it might be ME who expects unusual things here. But still... what happened to people trying to be great? What happened to you, Nicky? What happened, people I once knew or have met who seemed enthusiastic and worldly at the start? Do people actually lose interest or just the heart or energy to return serve with a sentence or two? C'mon, people, try. You may shirk my blog but I'm not letting you off the hook in the life you continue to lead. "[I] will haunt you when you laugh..." Say something that makes me think for God's sake. The world doesn't have to foster endless little Dubyas. It can be Paradise, or at least something in between.

Anti-intellectualism is at its highest peak since the days of Hitler. Watch or read anything by Anne Coulter or Sean Hannity and you'll see what I mean, right before you throw up. Wake up!!! You're all dreaming. Joe Strummer gave his life in search of authenticity. So will I. SO WILL I.

4 comments:

Hans said...

Sorry, I actually skip them on purpose because they aren't yours, but you're right....if they mean something special to you, I will give it a chance. I'd rather spend my time on yours, I guess is my reason why I skip them.

Metamatician said...

Don't skip them on purpose but don't feel compelled to comment every time or anything. Just if something moves you or means something to you. If not, that's fine. I'm not trying to be a dictator, I just noticed that no one ever comments on the lyrics, and was wondering why.

Unknown said...

I know the point is the lyrics, but they might garner more response if you included an mp3 of the song. That might run afoul of the RIAA, but it would also make it easier for people to be impacted by the song.

Blogger will let you embed mp3s, right?

Metamatician said...

I've thought about that quite a few times. If it will let you embed MP3s as objects, or at least as streams, then it's non-obvious how to do it. They don't have a big green button for it, in other words. I suppose I could flip over to the code side (as opposed to the WYSIWYG editor) and try my hand at manually embedding a hard link or a stream, which I could host from my own computer for now.

I'll look into it. It's a good idea, and if the RIAA can find my site, they've done a damn sight better than most people out there. Maybe it will gain me the notoriety I need to get more traffic, lol.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane