Monday, April 30

pareidolia
sitting still
spilled cat litter makes patterns
the way clouds make patterns
there's an obvious rabbit
and a not so obvious chesspiece knight
amongst bubbles and strands
chains and voids
nearest to me is a sailboat turning
and a few fallen hairs on the floor
have curled into a pumpkin
complete with stem
the rug at my feet shows the head of a swan
and a mallorn tree all in white
is etched into the textured wall
only inches to my right
and many another animal or forest besides
the far curtain is full of squares
full of smaller squares
but I resist the urge to count them
some hanging chad would undo me I'm sure
but everywhere I turn
there is another hidden face
and I could stay here all day exploring the world
without ever going outside.

2 comments:

Hans said...

poop or get off the pot.

Metamatician said...

Darn it, you discovered my location.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane