Saturday, April 7

In my bed

In my bed I dread transition
from wakeful fear to fell possession
by a veil of sleep crept into position
while I was listening to music
enthusiastic but refusing to amuse
myself by tempting fate by baiting
it to send me its worst unveiling
still a plucky courage burst forth teeming;

For cursed or diseased my mind is unceasing
I feed off a need to understand
and bad dreams and screams and
hourglasses nearly drained of sand
await those crammed with wicked schemes
and plans and other fiends
who've no decency at all toward fellow man
and await me too for some reason, it seems.

1 comment:

Hans said...

I admit, most of your posts are depressing, like this one, and maybe that's why it's hard to get comments ...what can a person say about this? You don't want sympathy, I'm sure, but as far as writing, everything you write is way better than most people, and therefore it's intersting to read, even though we may not comment.

I can agree, feel bad for you, but mainly you're getting it out of your mind! and that's what's important. I think you'll notice that you get more comments on your positive posts and photos. Life is hard, but "people" don't want to be reminded, maybe?

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane