Sunday, April 15

(photo by Tim Kantar)

Truth hasn't words.

You know I can't stop here
Some kind of fire rages in my belly
You've tried to pierce my underside
Tried to find my weakness
So many times, I don't even care.
But there is something I must do
I'm not really clear on all the details
I'm driven snow, by earth and by ice
And in the sky I see my shadow,
Reaching longingly away
Stormclouds gather in the distance
At the first sign of day.
My cat's going wild, and even I
Can feel the reason, vibrations all
Through my body
So I could never stop here
I hope that's clear.

A golden cosmos hangs above
Unsettled seas below
The rocks I stand on now aren't solid
I've forgotten what it's like to love
Forgotten how it ended
Don't remember much these days at all.
Just then a child appeared
Somehow he got the jump on me
He said, "Hush... hush. Truth has no words
To speak its name." And was gone.
I sat upon those rocks,
The fire gone out of my insides
And instead the glow of its embers spread
Like God all through my bones:
I was alive, but no more
Was I alone.

2 comments:

Hans said...

had to trash last one...errors as usual.

Unsettling, mysterious, nice visual.
Once upon a time I wrote on paper the first thing that popped into my brain. I still have it (except now has suddenly disappeared after 10 years). I wrote "those who find Truth will find Fortune" I don't know why I wrote it and didn't know what it meant, but I have a better idea now. It has lots of meanings. We can be True to ourselves, Truth does not always set you free, Truth can be twisted, your Truth may not be my Truth, and now Truth hasn't words. It just is, I guess - the real Truth anyway. Finding it is another thing entirely. I hope you do find it and have peace - I hope we all find it.

Metamatician said...

This was one of those weird poems that basically wrote itself. I sleepily typed it out seemingly without tanking a breath and the published it and left it for later.

I was worried when I came back to it that it would flow but have no real meaning, or nothing to say, but it actually hangs together really well on several levels.

I like it quite a bit and I have to give the old subconscious the nod for this one. When I read it for the second time, it was like I was reading someone else's poem, because the phrases didn't seem familiar. It's nice when that happens!

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane