Wednesday, April 11

A horrible, glorious rainy morning

It's out there, and it's in here
Out there, in here...
Columns of cold drops on pained glass
Columns of drops out on the lawn
Of painted grass
At dawn.
And it's in my head that
Three chorded song...

Birth, life, death
It's out there, and it's all over the place
In Here,
The sky is shaking with sounds
And bleeding down rain.
I'm floating, six inches two or three seconds
Counts,
Even though it's not exactly flying...

Yes, I'm on medication, a depressive, you can call me that.
I prefer 'fugitive'. I like things that make me
Feel like someone else, so I can escape boring pseudoreality

And all the horror and glory it so tidily hides away
And the motions we go through so the game gets played.
Yes, you could call me afraid.

Afraid of thinking too much until my thoughts become frayed
And I run out of options, paint myself into too many
Corners and then all I see are corners...

And I can't move and can't breathe and can't feel anymore
That's what I'm running from, that's what I escape for.
That's what I'm running from, that's what the rain is for.

It's out there, and it's in here
It's out there, and it's in here
It's out there, and it's in here...

4 comments:

Hans said...

Good lyrics for Leonard Cohen....I can almost hear him singing....

on the other hand, you are so sensitive to feel and see the way you do. too sensitive i suppose.

Metamatician said...

Yeah. I got the recessive Too Sensitive gene. Oh well, since I am that way at least I can write about it. Thanks for the comparison to LC, that's a big compliment.

Hans said...

sensitive isn't a bad thing all the time (except when it makes us depressed,etc) ... we just happen to feel more, hurt more than some, and I think that's why we have a need to express our inner feelings in writing, painting, photography, etc. Those feelings seem to want out! I feel better doing something "creative" but don't always have the energy to start. I'm glad we can write things down or speak of dreams. Easier than getting an easel and painting supplies out, but I still need and want to continue in that realm of expression.

Metamatician said...

Yeah, the "fun" part about being sensitive is that it implies heightened senses. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of really topnotch painters, writers, musicians, and other artists were sensitive, and probably insecure to a degree. It's this angst which dispels any complacency and compels one to create, to express what is going on inside such a tumultuous mind.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane