Saturday, June 23

2:2:12

I'm running out of things to say

I'm fading away
This is my one and only chance to take up arms,
To fight for what is free and gay
To take the righteous way
But I'm running out of will and charm
And thence I am trapped, my good will my harm.

The nightingales sing whatever men do
They sing for you
Under the moonlight I spotted a face I cannot forget
On a computer screen we grew
Like twined vines, one from two
And those feelings you awoke in me I cannot regret
Though the heart that lies broken in me has not mended yet.

I'm running low on excuses
But oh to the horror we go!
You fear the day the lights go off forever
But oh to the lightless hollow we go!
Ramshackled beings never meant
To be anything other than second-born weaklings
Yet we shoulder beyond our limits the worst of it.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Another very feeling poem and sadness but acceptance as well. Am I right?

Metamatician said...

Two-two-twelve! Stanihoy. Stanihoy, oh yeah.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane