Saturday, June 23

Menelik, bearer.

I'm just two pills away from losing my hold
Just a refill away from my world starting to slide
I feel ok and good inside, if a little empty
A preemptive strike every morning keeps me moving
On the great treadmill highway
Where scenery before us only changes electronically
I want to make something better of myself eventually
But I can't escape the thought that these two pills
Brick red capsules of salvation or doom
Developed in my lifetime, no less
Are to be my lifeline I guess
It's do or die time, and yet
Who am I?

But we put up or shut up, and the same feelings and
Weather and social situation and work conditions and the
Same monetary ramifications hold, and spin round
And come back to you on the great wheel every
Month or year or day or minute.
You decide that your heart is or isn't in it.
If I forget my pills or my routine gets too sloppy
My world turns upside down, and it is
Dangerous for me and others in the few days it takes
To make things right again
And sometimes I can keep it together longer
And I almost forget what it is like to really suffer
Almost.

3 comments:

Hans said...

I just don't know what to say...I'm not oblivious to the state you must have been in but I don't know what to say either, except I hope it never happens again.

Metamatician said...

It's ok. Not everything needs a comment. Thanks for reading though.

Hans said...

Actually i read it again and i'm in the same boat except it's not brick colored it's yellow.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane