Saturday, June 9

Black Arrow.

They say that whatever it is you want the most
Can be yours if you set to it your mind and will
Skipping the small thrills that act as distractions
Bending your purpose to achieve that one overall goal

Let me throw you off now with another timed action
I feel ideas tumbling out of my brain, raindrops
Shooting stars in some spectacular shower
But I can't remember who I am, why I should be here

It's my intention to escape detention's prevention
Of my goals when I settle on one worthy of pursuit
I know that whatever it is I want the most, I've lost
But in dissention I'm stumbling this course anyway; pain drops

Eventually. I'm electrocuted, I'm damaged way up in the head
But I'm dead to other fear and tears and bad habits
That once stood in my way, maybe the President is right
About nothing. Maybe somebody should believe me or something

All I have is my diary of will and mind, some hidden purpose
That dismembers me and puts me back together again
I am whole around the edges, but some interior bits are missing
My being longs to see meaning, I'm trying to believe. That I see.

Just stay with me. Whoever you are who has read this far I beg thee
Don't make me into some resident of surreal dismissing
Like an arrow so sharp no armor can resist me, to the sea
I fly but await the direction for projection, please assist me! I am lost.

And I long for a change.

2 comments:

Hans said...

I love you!

I don't want this to sound like I'm using your pain...maybe hoping for you to see in a different way, that though you've had it rough! there is a light that shines through and all around you.

Apart from the seriousness of this, I actually see great lyrics for Michael Rose or our man Blake. It reads like a rap. Hope no offense is taken.

Metamatician said...

None taken. I tried a different syncopation to the rhymes. In other words, interior rhymes and delayed or rushed rhymes rather than where you'd expect them. I can see the parallel you might draw to reggae or rap in that sense, trying to keep the listener off balance but fulfilled too. I still don't like it too much wording-wise, but I may edit here and there without changing the basic structure/meter.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane