Wednesday, June 20


Running
Driving, ducking, hiding
Climbing and descending
Into obscure pits
Can't escape the mall
Can't escape the city
Round and round you go in your
Running dream
I'm tired of the running dream
That keeps looping in my head
Like a bad movie
Until I sleep again
And I'm still moving
Through racks of clothes
Down streets
Huddle with a shotgun waiting
Looking down the sights
Point blank
But they never stay dead
Wanted for murder then
Of a lover and a best friend
Driving endlessly
Given blazing looks by police
Who are crawling antlike
Over the hills, spilling
Into the valleys
I'm trying to get to the beach
Find the horizon
But I'm caught in a roundabout
And people questioning
Suspicious eyes from everyone
But never the arrest
They want the chase to continue
They don't want me to wake
And know it's over
All of them want me to run forever
All of me secretly
Wants me to suffer
In the running dream.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Dream interpretations are needed here with some therapy. I have the same types, being chased, hiding, or lost. Great Poem!

Metamatician said...

Thanks. Aren't these the worst? Gah. I had one that last most of the night/early morning and it's taken me most of the day to get that feeling of running and hiding from something trying to get my out of my head and to get my heart to calm down. Yuck.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane