Friday, May 11

42 NEGATIVES ABOUT ME
I've got tendinitis in both knees.
I've got an ugly scar running from my lower lip across my chin.
My nose is crooked from being smashed crashing my bike.
My lower back is weak and spasms easily.
My wrists, hands, and fingers hurt, especially the left set.
My lips are *always* chapped.
I have oily hair and "mixed" skin, but mostly oily.
I sweat profusely compared to many people.
I have a bum ankle that has rolled over playing basketball too many times.
My legs frequently ache for no reason while sleeping.
My shoulders and neck are more like bone than muscle.
I get irritated easily, letting small things ruin good moods.
I withdraw and sulk when I feel out of control of a situation.
I get frustrated with people who don't listen or answer questions.
My hair is thinning in the front just a bit.
I pick at my toe- and fingernails.
I hate the asymmetry of my body.
I have an awful and crooked smile.
My skin is a bit damaged from sun from lack of proper care or vitamins.
My beard as a whole sucks, as do my sideburns.
I wish my hands were bigger for basketball purposes.
I don't have a lot of "marketable skills".
My penmanship is awful.
I get bored and distracted from tasks easily.
I'm my own worst critic.
I tend to re-wear worn clothes out of laziness.
If I don't understand the reason for something I get frustrated.
I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to music or other art.
My sense of smell is below average.
I've got a bit of a beer (coca-cola) belly.
I'm an obsessive collector (I don't like the word "hoarder").
My place is always a mess; I file in piles.
I'm addicted to the Internet; I should get outside more.
I download copyrighted material rather than pay for it.
My sex drive is low because of medication and high standards.
I'm basically a homebody and dread new situations.
I'm stubborn about reading manuals, like for my fancy camera.
I have idealistic designs but procrastinate in implementing them.
I have a pretty severe phobia about phones.
I'm horrible with finances.
I hate socializing in groups; I can't wait to find a corner.
I can't seem to find my place in the world.


42 POSITIVES ABOUT ME
I tan quite easily.
I build muscle easily when I stick to a workout regime.
My hair is wavy and has great body when it gets longer.
I don't get headaches like I used to.
I generally can control my worst depression and panic attacks now.
I'm very strong willed and won't back down from a challenge.
I'm not afraid of anyone and don't get intimidated.
I am polite - hold doors for people, say thank you, tip well, etc.
I have great endurance given the minimal amount of exercise I do.
My cardiovascular endurance increases very quickly with training.
I have good coordination and reaction speed.
My left ear is mostly fixed!
My eyes are deep and dark.
The goatee part of my beard is pretty good (full).
I'm taller than average (6'1").
My hands are
just large enough to palm a basketball.
When I am carrying less weight, I'm a fast sprinter.
I have good physical instincts when it comes to sports.
I relax rather than tense up during life's critical moments.
I have many interests and minor talents.
I type quickly and accurately, though not quite "correctly".
When I finish something, it's generally of high quality.
I like make other people happy.
I'm my own worst critic.
I have a good sense of style as far as clothes.
I learn concepts rather than procedures.
I have an open mind towards many different types of music.
I love and have respect for all animals, even snakes.
My eyesight and hearing are above average.
I lose weight quickly when I actually stick to diet and exercise.
I'm very organized in a few idiosyncratic ways.
I'd rather read a book that watch television any day.
I download mostly documentaries and educational stuff.
Despite a low sex drive, when I'm on I'm ON, baby, yeeeaah!!!
I've traveled to several continents.
I have a good eye for photography and composition, I'm told.
When I do organize, I do a near-perfect job.
I can turn quite a good verse when I put my mind to it.
I'm rarely at a loss for words or wit in a conversation.
I know a little bit about a lot of things.
I'm friendly to strangers.
I'm always trying to improve myself in some way.

3 comments:

Hans said...

you are obviously very observant and analyze yourself very much - though I do the same, but probably not to this degree. Your body isn't you or your choice but your actions might or might not be, depending on your personality or environment, etc. It's definitely an interesting post. Analyzing yourself in 84 ways. I'm not sure I could do it, but I might try sometime. Just one thing: concentrate on the good stuff more than the bad.

Cashew said...

Great lists. Very insightful. I would have listed my positive qualities first. Hmm, would I really have? Now I'm not so sure.
Keep on blogging.

Metamatician said...

Thanks belatedly to both of you. I encourage you both to do this, even if you don't show it to anyone. I read in some self-help book way back that you make an equal-length list of both you good and bad traits, however you want to define those terms, by your own perception or others'. And do it as dispassionately as you can, as if you were just an interested observer analyzing someone else. Then look at the list later and think which of the "bad" ones are really trivial or silly. And which of the "good" ones have you spent your life downplaying, being embarrassed of, or in some way not exploiting to make yourself a better life? Anyway I remembered reading that like 10 or 15 years ago and so I tried it, and it's cathartic if nothing else!

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane