Thursday, May 31


America is not the world.
(who else?)

America, your head's too big
Because America, your belly's too big.
And I love ya,
I just wish you'd stay where you is.

In America,
The land of the free, they say
And of opportunity
In a just and a truthful way;
But where the president
Is never black, female or gay
And until that day,
You've got nothing to say to me
To help me believe.

In America
They brought you the hamburger.
Well America, you know where
You can shove your hamburger.
And don't you wonder why in Estonia they say,
"Hey you, big fat pig, you fat pig, you fat pig."

Steely blue eyes with no love in them
Scan the world.
And a humourless smile with no warmth within
Greets the world.
And I, I've got nothing to offer you
No, no, no, no, no
Just this heart deep and true
Which you say you don't need.

See with your eyes,
Touch with your hands, please.
Hear through your ears,
Know in your soul, please.
For haven't you me with you now?
And I love you, I love you, I love you
And I love you, I love you, I love you.

3 comments:

Hans said...

Growing old gracefully...
Lyrics - Guess he doesn't like America, hmmmm, he figured that out pretty quick.

Metamatician said...

I think he really loves America in a strange way and that is why he's so disenchanted with the way things are going here. We push our culture and weaponry on everyone else and expect them to conform to OUR ideals of freedom and Democracy, when it's not always their tradition or what they want. The fact that the "New Land" was a chance to start over for the warring Europeans was promising, but just led to a land just as bad, if not worse; a melting pots of protected idiots who don't worry about if they're gonna eat that day. I these ugly aspects of America are what Moz despises, but after all in the end, he does declare his love for it, as odd as it may seem coming from a Brit.

Metamatician said...

And yeah, I like the grey look. He looks distinguished. He should stop coloring his hair, and this pic reveals he's obviously been doing.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane