Wednesday, May 16

A Pillow of Winds
(Roger Waters)

A cloud of eiderdown
Draws around me
Softening the sound.
Sleepy time, and I lie
With my love by my side,
And she's breathing low.

And the candle dies.

When night comes down
You lock the door
The book falls to the floor.
As darkness falls
The waves roll by
The seasons change,
The wind is warm.

Now wakes the owl
Now sleeps the swan
Behold the dream,
The dream is gone.
Green fields, a cold rain
Is falling,
In a golden dawn.

And deep beneath the ground
The early morning sounds
And I go down.
Sleepy time, and I lie
With my love by my side,
And she's breathing low.

And I rise like a bird
In the haze, when the first rays
Touch the sky.

And the night winds die.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Beautiful lyrics, suggestive I suppose and very sweet too.

Metamatician said...

Yes, this is one of my very favorite Pink Floyd songs. You ought to hear it. It's beauty itself.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane