Thursday, May 3

Maureen.
(Sade Adu)

Maureen
It's hard to explain
I'm never going to see you again
And you'll never meet my new friends
Maureen, I miss you
I just can't explain
I'm never going to see you again
I wish you could meet my new friends

Walking along the subway listening to
"Loving you is easy" a capella
You were a souped-up car in that rent-a-go-kart town
And I miss you, Maureen

We were as thick as thieves

Maureen
Remember when my mother said to me
Sade don't you come home too late
Till you're back, I stay awake
And Maureen
With the boys you could tell at a glance
You'd say he looks good
Let's hope he can dance

Where are we going tonight
And what will you be wearing
Shone like a souped-up car in that rent-a-go-kart town
And I miss you maureen, I miss you girl

You were my best friend
I'm never going to see you again, Maureen
And you'll never meet my new friends
You really were a pearl in my world, Maureen

Maureen
It's hard to explain
You'll never call round to see me again
You'll never meet my new friends

Never meet my new friends
Never meet my new friends
Never meet my new friends.

8 comments:

Hans said...

Sad and reminds me of a friend I have/had like that! Better to have known her though.

Metamatician said...

Yeah, are good memories better than no memories? I guess so. It impoverishes the present though.

Hans said...

As you know, we don't have that choice, but we can learn from memories. We just go on, glancing back, but going forward probably with some changes. It's how nature works. I just wish we weren't so aware of it. I think that's where some people (moi)get stuck - in the past, even yesterday as well as last year. If we can just let go, there must be something waiting for us right now. Like walking out of a fog...could it be that simple?

Metamatician said...

It doesn't seem that simple and yet every so often it does. I really think that is the biggest benefit to meditating regularly. The idea is you let go of what your mind is holding on to and little by little, keep peeling away that onion skin of thoughts, personas, memories, complication. Eventually some sort of authentic immediacy begins to find its way to the fore, and that's when you can enjoy life again instead of stumbling through each day like some embalmed, pickled creature.

Hans said...

embalmed pickled, creature ~ couldn't help but laugh and think of my pyshc. doctor, Dr. Galerkin, Gherkin, sweet guy, but pickled he ain't.

By the way, he's a good amateur photographer with a new black and white photo of his dogs - full grown now and taken looking down at them but the front dog has it's head looking at something to the side. They are Golden Retreivers and together they form a curving line diagnonally through grass. He knows what he's doing and actually blew the photo up to poster size. Cool that he takes pride in his work, but it's in his personal office, not out in his interrogation room, so he's not showing off, just wants his dogs to look at during the day. Guess that's why I like him. He's a sensitive person and I trust him because of that.

Metamatician said...

Cool, I'm glad you get along with him. If you ever want to really insult him call him a "Dill" weed.

Hans said...

funny to me but i absolutely know he wouldn't have the slightest idea what i was talking about and probably up my meds.

Metamatician said...

Lol, probably stick you on remeron or thorazine, just to get you to shut up.

8-| *listless drooling*

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane