Wednesday, May 30


FOOD, yo.

Most people seem to believe there are only five food groups. They got this notion way back in grammar school from someone called a "health" teacher who would go around to all the classes once a week to teach "health." No one is really sure what qualifications these people had, and what subjects "Health" actually covered. But one thing I do remember is they would stress the 'five basic food groups.'

Today with our sophisticated technology we actually know there are not five but TEN food groups, at least. They are as follows:

The "Queso Casero" food group
The "Brie" food group, which includes several subgroups
The "Guinness" food group
The "Bombay Sapphire" food group
The "Grey Goose" food group
The "Haagen Dazs Butter Pecan" food group
The "Coca Cola Classic" food group
The "Carl Buddig Lunch Meats" food group
The "Pizza" food group
The "Corn Nuts Original Flavor" food group

The next USDA meeting on the subject is scheduled for 2010. Applicants seeking "food" status include:

"Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn"
"Hot pastrami on rye"
"Olives"

I personally hope all three of these gain official recognition, as they contain among them rich sources of fiber, protein, and monounsaturated fats. We'll see what happens! I'm going to submit suggestions for "mayo" and "Jack in the Box tacos" as well, as soon as I can get around to it.

What food groups would YOU add?

9 comments:

Hans said...

We all just believe anything we're told in grade school, and not taught to debate issues. I agree with the food groups. I would add chocolat! So many benefits from that particular food. The Nut food group - many different kinds and even good for you. If there isn't a good group for cookies, why is there a whole isle dedicated to them? So I would add cookies. Sure I can think of lots, but now not we agree - there are not 5 food groups!! Good one!

Hans said...

Sorry about TYPOS! but think you can figure it out.

Metamatician said...

Yeah, I make typos all the time so don't worry about it. I hate that you can't edit comments on Blogger in 2007, seems like such an obvious oversight.

Chocolate, ok. I'm not a huge fan but I'll get my people to work on it. Cookies for sure. I think probably Pickles and Gardetto's should make the list, as should SWEET bing cherries and watermelon.

Any others?

Anonymous said...

Number ONE of course.

Drum roll ... Peanut butter group.

Metamatician said...

Smooth or nutty?

Anonymous said...

Super crunch of course!

Metamatician said...

Ok, I'll put it on my submission list, along with Macadamia nuts.

JOVIAN said...

hahaha. well, you already have some of my favorites in there, but i think i can come up with a couple more. how about

McDonald's Filet O' Fish
Meades and Ciders
Fatburger
Soup

Metamatician said...

LOL, everyone has their favorite crap junk food. Love it.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane