Tuesday, May 29

THE SUN.

The Sun is your friend, but don't forget protection from harmful UV rays.

There's no substitute for the heavens when it comes to beauty. If I were cut off from all the world I would become a Sun worshiper. I would write treatise upon treatise, paint landscapes, and write verse to someday be discovered by at least 1 or 2 people. I wouldn't care for general recognition, because generally I don't recognize most people as being sentient. Many seem like another species, incapable of higher thought.

The Sun brings us everything we need, it makes the green things grow, it powers life upon this earth. I can only marvel humbly at its power. It makes me feel good. I don't feel selfish for stealing the Sun's rays because they are there for all, and present whether you utilize them or not. I want to power the earth with sunlight. Wouldn't that be a delightful mimicry of nature? Forget the ugly black goo under the ground, sunlight is clean and good, and I feel best when I am sitting amidst it, sweating, cleansing myself, powering my body and mind. It alleviates depression. It is primal.

The Sun lords over all the planets of the solar system and all the living things of the earth, and I am not stupid enough to oppose it. Welcome, welcome instead, precious rays of light - bring illumination to all that is dark in my life. And don't give me cancer please.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Great post overall! Love your self portrait. Yes, I am a Sun worshiper, I admit. I live for the days that I can be in the healing SUN, for to me it does heal. Too much is not smart, but get some while it's hot...and don't forget to add the relish.

Metamatician said...

Heh, thanks. It's a weird clash of humor (the photo) with some serious writing. But yeah, the sun has much power. Literally and figuratively. I could never live where the sun rarely shone. Relish? Check.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane